10.03.2011

Nadeje Patisserie @ Malacca

I heard about this place which sells layered cakes over at Malacca a couple of times but never really know what is the real deal. So I searched around and finally I know what is this all about. The place is called Nadeje Cafe which is located over at Plaza Mahkota and also inside Dataran Pahlawan. It took me some time locating this place since my Papago brought me to Holland that day. But finally I found it using google map instead. Sigh~! I am not sure why they took off the signage on top of their shop. But that doesn't deterred locals from visiting the shop. It was packed when I arrived. 

Even heard one driver who came over from out station to take away 10 pieces of the shop's famous Mille Crepe. OK, for those who don't know what the hell is this crepe is all about, let me explain. crêpe or crepe is actually thin layer of pan cake made out of wheat flour. Crepe is a French word which means "curled" but originated from a Latin word "crispa". Hey it get's weirder as this crepe originated from England. The world "mille" actually means "a thousand". I think you get the idea why the called it a thousand curled when you saw the patisseries. 

The shop is famous for their wide range varieties of Mille Crepe. Normal slices cost around RM9. There are at least 10 different types of Mille Crepe on their shelves. They have Tiramisu, Berry Berry Strawberry, Strawberry, Strawberry Chocolate, Orange Chocolate, Cheese, Chocolate, Original, Double Chocolate, Cafe Mocha, Chocolate & Mint, Cafe au Lait, Cheese Chocolate, Rum & Raisins, Mango Chocolate and lots more. You can also pre-order a full size cake for 1kg or 1.5kg. So what's your fancy?

I am a bit lost when I am browsing through their fridge. I can't decide which Crepe to ordered. I wanted to try all of them if you asked me. But it's not cheap. So I had decided to ordered 3 slices from the women's recommendation. I had chosen Cheese, Chocolate and Berry-Berry Strawberry. 

Other than Crepe, they also sells tarts like this delicious looking Strawberry flavored tart. I don't really fancy strawberry that much but I know wifey loves them a lot. But 3 Crepes and a tart is too much. Maybe on my next trip over. 


They also have Mango flavored Tarts and also Chocolate Eclairs. Tempted to go for the Eclairs but my head got the better of me and decided to call off the craving for now. 

Here's how the Mille Crepe looks like. Well you can't really see the best part of the Crepe since it's covered with aluminium foils. A bit regret that I didn't ordered the Original flavored. 

They even have liquor flavored Crepe. Cool~! Not sure how it tasted but should be interesting. 

Since the Crepe will melt during the 2 hours drive back to Shah Alam, they recommended to purchase this ice box for a price of RM5. It's a price I am willing to pay since the ice box can be reuse later. The ice box even written with the shop's name and also their suppliers. Very professional. The Crepe according to them can only last not more than 1 hour if you don't use this ice box. 

This is how they packed my Mille Crepe. They placed 3 big blocks of dry ice together with the Crepes.

Here's the Cheese Mille Crepe which I bought back from Malacca. It's been 7 hours but the Crepe still looks so tempting. Waited for wifey to arrived and we quickly dig into the Crepe after our dinner. What is so different from their Crepe and the other outside? For one, each layer of the pan cakes are so thin. You can actually find Mille Crepe over at Food Foundry @ Seksyen 17, PJ. But this is much nicer if you ask me. The Cheese isn't that strong so you won't really feel so filling afterwards. 

Since wifey like strawberry, I had bought this berry-berry strawberry especially for her. It's quite sour but wifey loves it. The taste of strawberry according to her was just nice. Look at those thin layer of pan cakes and tell me that you are not salivating now. I am not a big fan of strawberry but I too agreed with her that this Crepe tasted really nice. 

I am contemplating whether to get the Tiramisu or Chocolate and the girl told me the latter doesn't taste so sweet so I took it. Very true the Chocolate Crepe wasn't sweet but still pack with strong chocolate taste. Before this, I am not such a big fan of Crepe but after this, I am totally in love with them. The feeling of sinking your teeth into each thin layer of crepe in your mouth. Even when you cut the Crepe with your fork, you can feel each and every layer of it. Simply delicious. 

These Mille Crepes must be kept cool and best consume right off the freezer. Actually consuming three slices of Crepes are a bit too much for both of us. We nearly didn't finished it. After all, it's made out of wheat flour and creams. You can treat this as high tea delicacies or night time desserts after a sensual dinner. I am still searching for a good place in Klang Valley selling good Mille Crepe. Anyone heard of any place, do let me know. And do try this place out if you are some where in Malacca or traveling down soon. Let me know what you think. Bon Appetite ^^ 

Rating
Food: 4.2 out of 5.0 (one word, delicious!)
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0 (very helpful and fast in preparing the order)
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0 (didn't really dine in but seemed quite cozy but a  bit noisy during lunch hours)

Address: 
Nadeje Sdn Bhd
G-23 & 25, Jalan PM 4, 
Plaza Mahkota, 75000 Melaka

Nadeje Cafe Sdn Bhd
Lot No.UB051, 052 & 053
Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall, 
Jalan Merdeka, 75000 Bandar Hilir Melaka

For Reservations: 
+606 284 3469
+606 283 8750

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...