11.27.2009

Axian Dim Sum @ Bandar Puteri


 I first come to know about this place few months back when it's just operated. If I am not mistaken they started operation on the 11 June this year. But business is really good from the looks of it. I had passed by a few times before this and it was always packed. So this time around, I decided to give it a try although I am not packing in with a lot of expectation. If you still doesn't know by now, the place is owned by the TV host, Axian. But that is not the reason I am there. Just wanna know what's the hype about. 


First on the table would be their fried yam with char siew. Skin is crispy and the pork is warm, in other words, it's fresh. But sadly the taste isn't that attracting as it would be. This is my own opinion, but I like my char siew sauce to be red. Again, it was a bit plain to me. (RM3.50)


 This is a must order for me in any dim sum restaurant, Loh Mai Kai. From the texture or the looks of it, it's quite delicious. And surprisingly it is. The glutinous rice is not under cook but one set back is the sauce isn't that evenly distributed into the rice. So you got uneven taste all over the rice which  I hate. The mushroom and char siew are fresh and delicious, luckily. (RM3.50)

 
I think they called this their Sakura Pork or what we like to called Siew Mai. Fresh and warm with the pork inside being soft. I like this one. Nothing spectacular but it's alright. (RM3.50)


Wanted to try out their char siew bao and was startled that it comes in 3. But luckily it's not that large. The char siew was alright but I like the one from Jin Xiang actually. One other thing is the bun sticks to the teeth meaning that the flour or the process of steaming the bun isn't that good. Well this is what babe said as she's in the flour industry. (RM4.50)


Yes, siew loong bao. It's freshly made once you order it. Although I need to wait for this dish but I thought it would be good. The soup was a plenty but you can't really compare this with Dragon-I actually. (RM6.00)

 
 Babe wanted to order this but didn't know what it's called and I was trying to figured out what she wanted and finally I got what she wanted, Steamed Pork Ribs. I am not a big fan of Pai Kuat but I am willing to try. It's fresh but a bit too annoying to me as it always stick in between my teeth. But babe like it. (RM4.50)

 
Overall, the food are average but the service is really good. The environment is clean and the service is fast too. Although they occupied two lot and road side, but they are still full. I think people really like something new in the neighborhood. This is nothing special but just another dim sum restaurant who happen to be own by a famous food TV host. Try it out and let me know what you think. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

Address: AX F&B Sdn Bhd
25-G, Jalan Puteri 2/3,
Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03 - 8063 6899 / 016 - 201 9836



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...