3.28.2010

Oriental Pavilion @ Jaya 33

I had always heard good reviews from this restaurant and when a friend asked me for lunch, I quickly agreed to it. The name of the restaurant is Oriental Pavilion which was formerly situated inside Jaya Supermarket previously. It's located inside Jaya 33 right now. The place was quite busy during lunch hour but luckily we managed to get a table. We went through the menu and decided to go with dim sum rather than fried rice or noodle. My friend said something which caught my attention that day. He said that, a person averaging consume 3 sets of dim sum and that would just be enough. Anything more than that would be too much. Interesting~!
Steamed Siew Mai - RM7.00
It took some time before the siew mai was served. From the looks of it, it's not as I imagine it would be. It's a bit dry and not that good. Taste wise, it's just normal and nothing special. You can have this outside anywhere. The best I had would still be Grand Imperial. Their price are RM1 more expensive too over here.

Steamed Shredded Mushroom Dumpling - RM7.00
Again there are nothing special about this dish. The skin isn't that thick but maybe it's just the lack of taste and texture of the dim sum itself. Nothing special really. 

Shredded Bean Curd Roll with Thai Sauce - RM6.00
I was really looking forward for this but sadly when it arrived, I lost my appetite. As you can see, the Thai sauce isn't wrapped around the bean curd but spilled all over the plate. I think it's the way they prepared the dish is the main problem. A good dish gone wrong. Wasted~!

Steamed Imperial Har Kau - RM7.00
The name is so good. But I am not a big fan of Har Kau anyway. The prawns are fresh but if I remembered correctly, the dish isn't that hot anyway.

Char Siew Bao
I had high hope on this. My friends said it was good but the flour is too thick for me and the sauce isn't that tasty. Again, the one I had over at Grand Imperial is one of the best I had till date.

Chicken Leg in Sweet & Sour Sauce 
We didn't really ordered this but when they brought it over, my friend decided to give it a try. Again I am not a big fan of the dish. We didn't finished the dish at the end as it wasn't that tasty. The sauce was just normal and nothing particularly interesting. 

Steamed Fish Ball - RM5.00
Sorry, no comment since I didn't even tasted one. My friend tried it and said it was just normal. 

Roasted Pork (Siew Yuk)
The portion was alright and quite tasty. The upper layer are crunchy and the layer of fat and lean meat are evenly distributed too. This could be the highlight of my luncheon.

Loh Mai Kai - RM6.00
Surprisingly this is good. There are a lot of ingredients too. Namely mushroom, slice abalone, boneless chicken and scallop. This is one good dish.

Hokkien Noodle with Extra Lard
This is definitely something that I wouldn't imagine that I would eat during dim sum session, Hokkien Noodle. The waitress mentioned that it's one of their recommended dish over there. We ordered with extra fried lard too and extra it is. The whole plate was covered by lard when it arrived. Not the best I had, but definitely worth my money.

So how was the lunch? Overall, it wasn't that spectacular or good as I heard. The highlight of the luncheon would be the roasted pork and loh mai kai. Will I be back? I don't think so. Might be going back if someone bought me lunch. Maybe the a la carte are better. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, great ))

Anonymous said...

Mm, its fantastic-/

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...