8.08.2010

B & Best Restaurant @ SS3 Kelana Jaya


I had totally forgot how many times had I passed by this restaurant during my 8 years stay in SS2. Cause it's so nearby my previous house and passing by it almost every single day to work and back. I didn't even realized that there is this seafood noodle stall operating in it. I was only told about this by my colleague who frequent the place quite often lately. I remembered that it's just a Chinese restaurant at night serving cooked dishes only and even dine in before. So when he told me it's  famous for their seafood noodle, I am so surprised. The place was packed with customers for lunch when I arrived. According to my colleague, it's a normal sight over here. Most of the time, the customers will need to queue up waiting for seats.

I am not sure of the name of the stall but there is only one stall in the afternoon. And they only serve seafood porridge & noodles. For those who tried seafood noodle before, you would have a rough idea what is the cost of one bowl of standard noodle. The cheapest bowl of seafood noodle would cost around RM10 I think. They served soup and also dry noodle which I ordered the later. 

Fish Cake - RM4/piece 
For those who know me well, would know that I am not into fish cake. But this is really something else. My colleague told me it's special and asked me to try a bit and it was really good. I can't stop grabbing after the other. I am not sure if I am that hungry or the fish cake was really that good. We ordered two piece and clean up the plate in no time. 

Yellow Noodle with Fried Lard - RM12 (L)
I had ordered dried noodle as I don't really do soup. Luckily they have dried noodle or else I would need to pass on his invitation. We had ordered large portion for the noodle as we're really hungry. Portion was generous with some fried lard on top. Perfect. 

Since we ordered dry noodle, the seafood soup come separately (duh~!) Portion was good. We have clams, fish balls, small oysters, some fishes which I am not familiar with, but they are familiar with Promfet and some other fishes too. I am not so into fish so sorry for the lack of info here. But importantly, the seafood are fresh and without any salty scent present. Some Yau Mak added to complement the seafood which I like. Not bad. 

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the service and also quality of food over here. Service is prompt and preparation time is acceptable too. They have a lot of helpers around so feel free to call them out. My friend even tried their 7 Seng Pan (7 Star Stripe Fish) and he told me it's really good but so is the price too. I am not so into seafood noodle but I had to say that this place does served some really good dishes. Definitely will return with some other friends one of these days. Try it out and let me know what you think. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...