3.27.2011

MeatWork @ One Solaris

I had heard or read about this place for a couple of years now. But doesn't really have the chance to pay it a visit since it's not my normal hang out place. And I don't really have any customers over at MK too. But since babe was on duty over at CS that afternoon, I had decided to walk over to try it out. Out door parking is not easy so it's recommended to just park your car inside One Solaris. There are a few places around that area which worth trying out but maybe on my next visit. Since babe gonna be here at least once a week or two.
The place seemed a bit old to me. Old in terms of their deco and setting. From outside, it seemed like they have a lot of staff but once entered it took them some time to come over and take our orders. We went through the menu and most of their servings are patties based since they are selling their in house Gemas brand. They do have other choices like steaks and pasta too.

I saw Carbonara in their menu and decided to give it a try but since the place is famous for their Gemas patty, I had decided to give that thought up. Babe decided on their Marinara and she changed the pasta from Linguine to Spaghetti which the waiter obliged to. Portion was just alright. Taste wasn't that much spectacular. The seafood portion was generous as you can see from the picture above. Not my plate of pasta but babe like it.
They have a few burger to choose from and I had asked the waiter and he had recommended this to me. It's their own GEMAS gold classic burger. It's a 200g beef patty topped with melted aged cheddar cheese, tomato ketchup, American mustard and pickles. There are some cut fries on the side too. A little too simple for me maybe. I was thinking of more side dishes at least some salad or coleslaw.
Let's see now, the 200g in house patty is their signature dish but heck, it's a bit over-rated for me. The patty is fat and juicy but maybe too juicy. Cause I had ordered medium well as always and the patty fall apart when I tried to slice my knife into it. Damn! It's so saddening. A good patty had turn to waste if you asked me. I like my patty to be solid and juicy rather than juicy and fall apart even before I sink my teeth into them. The toppings are too safe for me. I need more cheese and look at the onion, it's so pathetic. Just two small slices of them. I like mine big and sloppy but I know this is not possible over here. 
We had ordered our drinks earlier on and it took them ages to get them ready for us. We had finished our dishes and they just managed/remembered to get us our drinks. But at least they tried to make up for it by pouring us some plain water. Again, I think the staffs are sufficient just that I am not sure what they are doing standing at the back of the counter and not outside serving the customers.

Food was over-rated but not sure of the rest like it's steak and all. Most probably won't be going back since it's quite pricey for lunch (RM80+) for the both of us. You can come over and have a try for yourself. I might not like it but to some, this might be good. Maybe their Carbonara is better, but I won't be going back unless someone is buying. haha!

Ambiance : 3.5 out of 5.0
Service : 3.5 out of 5.0
Food : 3.5 out of 5.0

Address: 2G 3A, 
Jalan Solaris 5, 
Block H  
Solaris Mont Kiara 
50480 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...