5.18.2010

Kin Kin Curry Pan Mee @ Jalan TAR

I heard that this is one of the oldest Chili Pan Mee in town. It's located off Jalan T.A.R. Just turn in when you see Pizza Hut. I think the road is called Lorong Tunku Abdul Rahman 2. Don't make any mistake here as there are two Chili Pan Mee opposite to each other. One is called Kin Kin which is the one I am writing now. I can't find my post on the other restaurant although I am sure that I am there before a few times if I may add too. Anyway, Kin Kin is regarded as the older more original in terms of taste and ingredients. And so is the environment, as it's not air condition but I can see the the place had been clean up and looks more cleaner now. It was a weekend (Sunday) but still the crowd was so high when I arrived. Luckily I managed to get a table and there is a rule in the place which all customers are required to share table among others.

Walked over and ordered directly from the boss for one dry and one soup chili pan mee. As always, there is only one size so no point asking for a larger portion. So I had ordered two bowl of dry noodle for myself. I think it's a sales gimmick as they can earn twice the value as customers had no choice but to order an extra bowl rather than just adding the portion. But that is just my opinion though.

I saw a lot of people still waiting for their food to be served and decided to start off with something light. A mixture of fish balls, meat balls and foo chuk. Nothing special. Just your usual balls. Just to get you through your waiting process I guess.

Portion for the noodle is moderate. Well that is why I saw a lot of customers ordered 3 bowls for two person. So I followed and quickly ordered a second when I saw the portion. As I mentioned earlier, the shop are famous for their originality. So don't expect good outlook on your bowl of pan mee like the other stalls. Well at least the ingredients are fresh. The boiled egg is a bit poorly done though. Don't get me wrong it's perfectly boiled but maybe it's the way it's being place onto the noodle was a bit too rough for me. You have the usual minced pork and also anchovies on the side and also some spring onions and fried onions. 

I think the most important part of the whole bowl of noodle would be the chili. Heck, I drove so far for this bowl of noodle and I would assumed that this must be good. Well, it isn't that bad. Not that spicy. On my rate of 1 to 5 with 5 being the spiciest, it would be 3 I guess. Maybe to some it's spicy but this is nothing to me. Mixed everything together and off we go. A bit too wet for me. Cause after mixing all of the eggs and chili, I would assumed it to be dried up but it's not. Sad~ Noodle is a bit rough and hard too. Maybe undercooked? I had better with Jojo's Kitchen where their noodle are soft and so springy too. Not my best bowl of chili noodle but it's still passable.

Overall, it was alright. The environment is a bit hot and not air condition. So better go early and beat the afternoon sun. The soup pan mee was really large in portion. But I didn't take a photo of it as I was too busy tasting mine at that time. Will I return? Well, if I am in the neighborhood of course. As mentioned, not my best bowl of chili pan mee for the time being. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...