2.23.2011

Skewers @ Subang Avenue

 I had actually been to this particular place called Skewers 1 or two months back for some beers with my gym mates. Then I saw their menu which offers one of my favorite dish, burgers. Fat juicy patties. So I had finally managed to give place a visit during my birthday. Babe don't have any preference when it comes to dinner venue. So I had to find a place where it's convenient for the both of us since we had movie over at Pyramid beforehand. So this place would just be perfect. It was around 6pm when we arrive that day, so there wasn't much customers. Good~ Heard that their patties are good so decided to have that for my main.
Since I know I won't be satisfied so easily, I had decided to ordered some side dishes to go with my main. So many to choose from and finally decided on their gourmet chillies fries. It's actually steak fries topped with chilli corn carne and melted mozzarella cheese. OK, the mozzarella part caught my attention. It's like putting A&W corny dog sauce on top of hot melted cheese and fries. Not bad, but make sure you finish it fast or the fries will become cold and soft.
I am contemplating whether to order their double patty or single and finally decided to go with their Ultimate glutton burger since I had ordered one side dish. My choice is correct. The single patty is damn large all together. As you can see, other than the burger, you have the salad and also steak fries too. This is really large. The burger consists of a 150g patty mixed with herbs & spices. Again it's mixed together with chilli corn carne (which contain beef), melted shredded cheddar cheese, fried egg, tomatoes, salad leaves, tortilla chips, gherkins & jalapenos. Man, that is a long list of ingredients to pack into one single burger. Trust me, it's huge.
As you can see, the yolk is oozing out from in between the patty. Damn it's so damn glutton as the name says. I am not sure if they do it on purpose or accidental, but I like my patty really much. Not the best I had but definitely one of the good ones. And recommended too. I'd read before that their patty are too dry, but maybe they had improve it after some feedback from the customers.
Babe decided to try their sandwich as she is not that hungry that night. It's boneless chicken with special Thai lemongrass marinated on it. On the side you have some of their pilaf rice and butter vegetables. The bread seemed a bit plain but babe like it. She particularly love the pilaf rice as it's so delicious according to her. Heck, it's not even the main in the dish. Sandwich to me was alright. Nothing spectacular but filling. I mean for the price you're paying, it's quite generous.

What to drink? A good pint of Hoegaarden of course to cleanse all those food down. Ambiance is alright and the service is good. Maybe cause there's not much crowd at that time. During the dinner, an ex staff came in and she shouted at the other staff. Found out that she was requesting her salary but in a really rude and loud way. Kept on telling the other people to F**K OFF!! Damn~ I am paying for food and a good show at the same time. It's also a good place to chill out with friends having some good beers too. 

Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0
Service : 3.8 out of 5.0
Food : 3.8 out of 5.0

Address:  
SG-01, Subang Avenue
03 5632 1368

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...