6.15.2011

Athena Restaurant @ Pavilion

First and foremost, sorry for the blurry pic. Was walking away while taking this pic. Over-estimated the capability of my phone again. LOLX! Let's get back to the food now. My ex-colleague had been telling me of this place over at Pavilion that serve nice pasta with a reasonable price. So finally after some pestering, I'd finally decided to give it a try with them. The place is located opposite Starbucks and next to La Bodega. So you can't really miss it. The restaurant had been there for very long and I think most of you had already tried their set lunches. 

For RM19.90++ you have a bowl of soup, main course, dessert and a drink. Sounds reasonable for a place over at Pavilion. But I need to check the food out if it worth the money or not. Cause you can't be charging me a low price for bad food too. You have a few choices of main course to choose from roasted chicken, fish & chips, pasta and even Mediterranean Beef.

 If you are on a rush, you can even have their sandwiches for RM14.90++. 

I forgot if you can order anything else other than Ice Lemon Tea. But the glass was quite large and sufficient actually. 

 Their soup of the day sort of like clam chowder or seafood based to me. Not the best I had but for a set lunch this is a good bowl of soup. It comes with a sad bread by the side. 

Ex-colleague ordered their roasted chicken since he had pasta previously. Portion isn't that large but just moderate. Definitely not enough for any men I guess. But since it's a set, I guess you be full after the dessert. Black pepper sauce was nice and the salad on the side again seemed a bit sad. Not very cheerful that gave me the idea of eating them up. 

 Since I came for pasta, pasta it is for me.  Carbonara too. Since they know I love Carbonara really much, they highly recommended this to me. Portion was quite generous. Not too creamy but just enough not to look too watery. Plenty of cheese and whip cream used I suspect from the taste of the cream. For a set lunch this is above average I guess. Clean the plate up without leaving a single drop of cream. Well that explains a lot. 

 Finally the dessert came and it's chocolate flavored ice cream. My friend was actually looking forward to their strawberry flavored which he tasted previously. The ice cream even topped with syrup which makes it so nice and fattening at the same time. At this point I am really full and satisfied. 

Surprisingly the place isn't that packed during lunch hour so it's a good place to catch up with some friends and have a good affordable lunch. At least it worth my time to drove all the way down from my office to meet up with them for lunch. They served beers too if you are in the mood for some. The place turn into a bar cum bistro at night with food and drinks served. Not a bad place for lunch if you are willing to pay their expensive parking. 

Rating: 
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0
Food: 3.8 out of 5.0
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...