7.27.2010

The Daily Grind @ Bangsar Village 1

I heard and saw reviews of this place and finally I am here. Why is it so appealing (to me)? Well, the main reason is, they serve more than 20 types of burger in this restaurant. Yes, you heard me right, 20 over variates of fat juicy patties. The name of the place is called The Daily Grind. It is located inside Bangsar Village 1 on the lower ground floor if memory serve me right. It's just right across BV2 if you're walking over from it. I saw there's a sign outside which says that they are moving some where or doing some renovation.  

TDG Ice Lemon Tea
This is one of their in house specialty I guess, since it bares the restaurant's name in it. A nice cooling ice lemon tea with a tint of fresh mint leave on top. 

Fried Calamari - RM12
My friend and I decided to nibble something before the main course and decided to go with fried calamari. It was a battle between onion rings and this, and she warned me not to order the first as she don't like onions. Sigh~! I can live with calamari. It's freshly fried to crisp with tar tar sauce on the side. Something to open up our appetite as we didn't ordered any soup this time. 

Classic Cheese Burger - RM27
When the burger arrives, we had a shock of the size of it. One thing that I need to tell you is that all their patties are weighing at 180g. Yup, it's fat and juicy. As the name goes, there's one thick slice of cheddar cheese right on top of the patty. Served with salad and fries on the side. This is one whole lotsa beef you need to get in down your tummy with. 

 OMG~! Did you saw how thick is that patty? She even added a fried egg on top of the patty. This meal spells Evil. And you know where those onions on top goes even before the meal.

Italian Mozza Burger - RM34
Since my friend is having cheese, I thought of joining her. But when I go, I go in style, so I had ordered their gourmet burger with melted Mozzarella cheese. Imagine hot melted Mozzarella cheese on top of that fat juicy 180g patty with smoky tomato sauce and a tint of basil pine nut pesto. If that doesn't kill you, try finishing up that salad on the side and those crispy fries too. Tell me this is not Evil with the capital E. Simply filling. 
Another view of the melted Mozzarella cheese on top of the juicy beef patty. You can't even see the patty from the rear. This is fattening but damn good. 

 The place is a bit dark but cozy. Not too crowded and noisy. But you still have the normal lunch crowd coming in to grab a fast bite. Or you can just laid back and enjoy the food with good company watching the crowds walking out side. Their dinner menu seemed really interesting too. The place emphasized on their gourmet burger as it's premium cuts of chilled 'imported' halal meat and grind them in the restaurant at a controlled environment. They do it the old school way. All their patty contains 180g pure meat holding together with fresh eggs. Sounds delicious? Why don't you go and have a bite and let me know what you think. The price seemed to be a bit steep for a lunch but it's not always that you open a menu and there's so many burgers to choose from. And again it's gourmet burger and 180g pure meat of that. (Rating: 4.2 out of 5)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...