7.01.2011

Ki Ki Taiwan Cuisine by Fong Lye @ KLCC

I was searching around town the other day looking for a place for lunch. Since babe was over at KLCC, hence I looked around and decided to try this new place up. Well it's not actually NEW but it's new for me. It's called Ki Ki Taiwan Cuisine and as you can see, it's a restaurant having the same concept/management under Fong Lye. So what is the different? Well for one, it's a HALAL place so no pork for you pork lovers. The place is located on the forth floor next to Umaiya Japanese Restaurant.  

The place was packed when we arrived during lunch hour. Waited for a couple of minutes before there were seats for us. They would give you the menu outside and you can start making orders so that when you have your table ready, the food will not be far too long away. The place isn't as spacious as Fong Lye over at MV but still acceptable. The seats are quite close to each other similar to MV branch. Had a few visits over at MV branch which you can refer from [HERE], [HERE] and [HERE]

Went straight away for the menu as I am darn hungry from the time looking for a car park over at KLCC. The food choices are similar to Fong Lye Restaurant. But they took out the non-HALAL food such as the Taiwan Glutinous Rice Sausages but the most distinctive difference would be the rice they served. You see later on what I mean. 

As usual, we started off with a pot of hot Chrysanthemum + Oolong tea to cleanse our taste bud for the food we are about to eat. It's refillable obviously so no worries. The cup is small and looked really cute. 

The appetizer, I had ordered their Fried Tempura. This is my first time ordering this dish and heck it was a correct choice. The fried tempura seemed to be one of the best I had in a long time. Well it looked like our local keropok leko actually. But the taste is definitely different between these two. The texture is soft and chewy but the spices that they sprinkle on it seemed really tasteful. A bit salty but I can live with that. 

Babe was contemplating between ordering her favorite 3 Variety Supreme Diced Rice (San Pei Chi) and this bowl of fresh Clams with Mea Sua. Well, as you can see, the Mee Sua won at the end. Babe really like the one she had over at Taiwan during our trip over last year. It was a rice based that she had previously and she can't wait to try this noodle version out. The soup was quite nice something like our local fish head noodle. Amount of clams are acceptable but not generous enough. Overall, if you like mee sua, you will most probably like this dish. Not for me definitely. Cause this is not filling and you pay more than the usual for it. 

Similar to Fong Lye, all their main course comes with side dishes. There are three side dishes for you.I always like the spicy long bean that they prepared. It's a simple dish but heck, it's the simple ones that is the most hard to prepared right? 

This is the spicy chicken chop set which I had ordered. Actually I had tried this dish before over at Fong Lye but I am really hungry that day so I wanted something really filling and filling is what I had. The set come with the similar side dishes and a bowl of soup of the day. 

Remembered what I said earlier bout the rice? Can you see the difference now? Yup the rice is not topped with their (Taiwan) famous stewed minced pork. OH! I am so sad seeing my rice just topped with marinated chicken sliced. But it's a HALAL place, so we can't have that can't we? But why can't they do stewed chicken instead? haha! As usual the portion isn't that large which means that I finished the rice before even finishing half my main dish. 

My main dish would be this plate of spicy chicken chop. It's actually not that spicy (sigh!) and there's some gravy at the bottom too. So it's not that dry actually. But the portion is similar to Fong Lye which is super generous. The chicken is freshly fried so you can still feel the crispiness of it. Not the best I had but if you are hungry as I am, this is the best dish to order. You can't go wrong with fried chicken. 

As if you are not full and can still fill your stomach, then try finishing this hot bowl of chicken soup with bitter gourd. Damn I like bitter gourd but the bitter gourd in this bowl was tasteless. What is the point eating bitter gourd when there's no bitter gourd taste right? But the soup was quite nice and chicken breast was plentiful too. Damn, I can't even finished the chicken off that day. A bit too full from the appetizer and main course. 

Overall, we had a pleasant lunch over at Ki Ki and it's a good place to chat but not during lunch hour. Try going over after 2pm when it's passed rush hours. The staffs are very friendly and efficient too. They always walked over and asked if we need anything or refills and clear our table once our food are done.  Make sure you come early if you wanna get a table and not in a rush since you might need to wait for it too. It's quite hard to find a decent Taiwan place in town and this is considered quite alright for us. Maybe you can try and let me know what you think of it. Enjoy~! 

Rating: 
Food: 3.8 out of 5.0
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...