9.02.2009

Annie 1 Kopitiam @ Damansara Uptown

Was looking for someone for lunch yesterday when an old friend replied my call. Picked him up from TTDI and our aim was somewhere with plain and simple dishes. Finally we ended up at this shop called Annie 1 at Uptown Damansara. He had visited this place out for a couple of time and had highly recommended to me. The restaurant is famous for their Menglembu Wan Ton Noodle. OK, I am half Ipoh boy and Menglembu is so nearby my hometown but I never heard that they are famous for their noodle. All I know are their famous groundnuts. So anyway, the place was pack when we arrived and the parking as always, HELL. Got a seat and ordered our food and drinks.

Cai Vege with Lam Yee Sauce (RM4.00 - Small)
Decided to go something light with our main. So we had ordered this mix vegetarian dish. Nice and simple as the one from my hometown. I am not so into mix vegetables but this is still alright for me.

Wan Ton Noodle with Char Siew & Wan Ton (RM4.80 + RM1.20 for additional noodle)
You can choose your noodle to go with their chicken curry, braised chicken feet, oyster sauce chicken, stew spare ribs and even braised pork trotters. I wanted something simple so I had opted mine with just char siew and wan ton. The noodle is slightly thinner than the one we had and the texture is quite well. But I like my plate of noodle to have more of sesame oil for the extra taste and aroma. But still this is an above average plate of noodle. My friend told me that the original one from Menglembu's noodle are much thinner and smaller portion. The Char Siew portion was a bit stingy whereas if you wanted more you need to pay extra money for them.

Wan Ton Noodle Soup (RM4.00 + RM1.20 for additional noodle)
My friend had ordered the soup noodle. The texture of the noodle is the same just right and not to soft. Plenty of wan ton for you to taste. The fillings are not that large and taste is moderate. But the wrapping is thin and not those thick ones which you hate when you sink your teeth into them. It's thin but again the fillings are just normal.

Ipoh White Coffee
Nothing special here as it's just a normal glass of white coffee. Just wanna have the all Ipoh feel to my lunch, that's all. Other than coffee, they do serve Chinese Tea like Pur Er, Oolong, Ti Kan Yin, Jasmine and Green Tea in sachets form. Surprisingly they serve beer as well. Yup, it's written in their menu. Other than noodle they do serve rice with the dish mentioned, nasi sambal ikan bilis & fried rice with chicken. And yes, for curry lover, they have curry laksa too.

The only complaint we had of the place is their service. We are very unhappy when customers who arrived later than us are feasting on their food while we're still waiting for our drinks. That is down right, unpleasant. We kept on chasing the waiter for our food and finally it arrived and the one who came later than us are by now finishing their drinks. Yes, we ordered the same dish. Anyway, the place was really crowded but again, you can't blame it on that. Who doesn't want business, right? I think they need to polish up on this. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt as they are still new. Will be back to try out their curry laksa on the weekends when the crowd isn't that high. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...