8.25.2009

TGI Friday @ The Curve

It was Saturday night and decided to bring babe out for some good dinner and movie. So I had decided to dine in at TGI Friday. But which one? I had some good experience at Section 14 TGI but I heard that the one at 1U isn't that good. So I decided to try out the one at The Curve. Cause I always saw a lot of people every night when I passed by the restaurant. So why not?

Ice Lemon Tea & Coke (RM7.90/glass)
Since we're about to sit in for a long period while waiting for our movie, we had decided to ordered something refillable. But at the end we didn't really refill that much as we were too full.

French Onion Soup (RM12.50/bowl)
This is the only soup in the menu which I haven't tried before and I decided to try it out. It's flavorful broth made with sweet caramelized onion. Topped with a crouton and Mozzarella cheese. I had to say that it's really weird with a piece of soaked bread in the soup. This is definitely not my bowl of soup.

Cream of Mushroom Soup (RM12.50/bowl)
This was supposed to be a rich, creamy soup loaded with mushroom. But again, I was a bit disappointed. The scent of mushroom wasn't that strong although there were a lot of mushroom in it. The most common mistake of all soup is it's too watery. I like my soup to be thick.

Friday's Three-For-All (RM35.90)
This is something which I would ordered on my every visit. This is their signature appetizer which features all of their most famous appetizers. There are Loaded Potato Skins, Fried Mozzarella and their (and my own personal favorite) Spicy Buffalo Wings complete with sour cream and green onions, marinara sauce and celery sticks with Bleu Cheese dressing. Actually this dish could cater for 3 person and after having this I was already half full.

Jack Daniel's Chicken & Shrimps (RM36.90/set)
Juicy fire-grilled chicken breast drizzled with their Jack Daniel sauce and some spicy Cajun spiced fried shrimp with more sauce for dipping. Served with their cheddar cheese mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. I was really glad to see that the chicken wasn't that large (for once). Shrimp was nice always, mash potatoes was too much for me to finish but a bit too dry for me. Vegetables was a bit hard and not well steamed. The best is always their Jack Daniel sauce which I crave a lot. Maybe it's due to the rush in preparation it was a bit messy to me.

Grilled Lamb (RM28.90/set)
This is their succulent marinated grilled lamb, served with seasonal vegetables and crispy fries. When the dish arrived, we were surprised that it was really large. A lot of spices on top of the lamb. We had ordered medium well but it was a bit too well. Didn't managed to finish off the dish as it was really too much to fill into our little stomach, not even the fries. I don't really like the fries which they served maybe it's too tasteless or not enough salt?

I think it was a full house that night as there were at least 4 group of large patrons who is celebrating their birthday over there. People singing and laughing could be heard everywhere. This is how a TGI Friday restaurant should sound. If you're looking for some peace and quite place to dine, well this is probably not your fist choice. But I like the atmosphere though. Food wasn't as good as I thought it would be but still I would gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was over crowded that night. But then again, Chili's Grill & Bar would be my first choice if possible. Totally love their Triple-Play appetizer and their burgers. Not to mentioned their mashed potatoes with onions in them. Nice. Total damages for the night come to about RM160++. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...