3.22.2012

S'Mores Bar-Restaurant-Chill Out @ Bangsar South

I know it's been a while since my last update but heck I am getting lazier now to post. Don't ask me why. Maybe due to life commitment or work. But it's upsetting to see my blog left unattended for so long. I still eat around and snap lots of pictures but I don't really have the time to update them in here. After a long morning of sorting out my pictures from my phone, so here goes. S'Mores is located over at Bangsar South which I heard about since last year. I was actually looking forward to their beef burgers but was disappointed that I can't find any over there during my visit. 

So I browsed through their set menu and saw some pasta under their set lunch. Decided to go with that. I ordered a mushroom soup as usual to warm up the old stomach before the main course. Well, it's your usual mushroom soup from the cane if I am not mistaken. Better save the money. 

I can't decide on either ordering their chicken or pasta and at the end decided to go with their cream sauce pasta. Damn, I made a huge mistake. The Alfredo based sauce is too watery to my delight and the portion is that sufficient either. Looks nice but don't really fancy me at all.  

My lunch buddy decided to go for their Pesto base pasta which was a good choice indeed. Well at least it's way better than mine. The mint flavor from the Pesto sauce is quite strong although I still prefer the one from Louisiana better. But this is acceptable for me. 

 In short, cream sauce fail, pesto sauce save the day. Although it's just a set lunch I do have quite high expectation on my pasta. And this cream sauce just didn't pass the average line. 

There's plenty of seats inside and it's air condition which is really good. Like the atmosphere as it's good to bring your customer for a lunch or meeting ending with some beers on the side. 

They do have some promo going on for Happy Hour kakis at night. They served beers and liquors too. Not sure how's the crowd at night but I heard it's quite alright. Maybe you can drop by some day and let me know how's your lunch/dinner goes. Cheers~! 

Rating:
Food: 3.5 out of 5.0
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...